Intake Manifold with larger receiver unit

Support Community rules
Please just write a new topic. LADA World will then create a new Category for the topic.
LADA World
Site Admin

Intake Manifold with larger receiver unit

Unread post by LADA World » Jan 2nd, '19, 09:01

Questions:
Hello, i would like to ask about the Intake Manifold with larger receiver unit.
A) Do you know how much would be the difference (%) in torque in low RPM's.
B) Also what happens to fuel economy..is better or worse.
C) My Niva is 2006 model 21214 version and i suppose i have 21230-1148010-00 throttle manifold. Do you think i should change to the 2123-1148110-Ø54...??
D) Do i need to make any other modifications in the engine or the ECU? for these parts?
E) The gasket for the intake manifold is the same?

Thank you very much

Best regards
Nikolaos M.
Having a LADA is not about driving from A to B.

LADA World
Site Admin

Re: Intake Manifold with larger receiver unit

Unread post by LADA World » Jan 2nd, '19, 11:33

Hi Nikolaos,
A) No, and I don't think we will ever have any measures for it. :???:
B) Generally: When tuning an engine and not making the volume bigger, it will get a better fuel economy.:ugeek: However, when the extra torque or power is used for even faster accelerating, all the fuel savings is lost. But if you accelerate as before (before the tuning), there will be a fuel saving. If the tuning raise the torque @2500 RPM, and you drive at constant speed @2500 RPM there will always be a fuel saving. If the tuning raise the torque @6000 RPM, and you drive at constant speed @2500 RPM, there will be no fuel savings. Be aware: 99,9% of all tuning advice's are for Race. 0,1% is for Offroad or better fuel economy - it is important that you know the difference.
C) You don't "need to" change any more. But when tuning engines, the combination :thx: of more tuning's is not only added (like ƩTune = TuneX + TuneY), but they often add extra 5-10% for free (like ƩTune = (TuneX + TuneY)*1,1). So all in all, it is recommended to combine more tuning's.
D) No, the tuning's are not that big. The ECU used in the Niva (most ECU's does it :-*), is capable of adjusting to minor changes (and in low RPM tuning, it shouldn't be any problem). (It learns/re-maps while driving. In theory, you should perform all possible driving patterns, so the ECU could learn them all again, before comparing any differences)
E) The standard gasket will not fit our Ø54 mm Throttle Body "2123-1148110-Ø54". Place the gasket to the hole it should fit and cut it (carefully) along the edge with a very sharp knife. (Our Ø54 mm Throttle Body "2123-1148110-Ø54" includes a standard gasket)

Important: Tuning a 80HP engine at low RPM will usually only generate 1-3 HP, which is on the limit to be noticed at all.
Tip: Combine the above Intake Manifold with larger receiver unit + the Ø54 mm Throttle Body + Increase the compression ratio
That should give you a much stronger tractor engine (with a significant better fuel economy for RPM < 3500) :10:
Having a LADA is not about driving from A to B.